Truth to be told, I am not much of a skincare person eventhough I do not have the perfect skin. My skin used to better that I needed only concealer to hide pesky pimples and dark circles. But ever since I entered university - the late nights, stress, food intake, lifestyle has took its toll on my skin and it went spiralling down ever since.
Click on "Read More" for the review :)
|Information and pictures obtained from Silkapple|
Please excuse the English. It was google translated when I loaded it.
Sorry girls, I can't provide accurate translation as I don't know how to read Chinese.
|Description and guide to using the product in English.|
|Ingredients in Chinese. (Again, I don't know how to read Chinese)|
|Expiry date is in 2018! Talk about FRESHNESS.|
|A super sturdy air-tight lock to keep the product fresh and last longer.|
|Great skin, here I come! (OTW)|
Let me fill you in on the background of my skin. I had oily skin ever since I hit puberty and I was sure I wasn't a sight for sore eyes back then. I had full-blown acne back in Form 2 till my mom had to bring me to the doctor to get some steriods to lessen the acne/quicken the healing process. The doctor sure gave some awesome cream because it cleared up within weeks to months.
Fast forward, a beautician told me that my skin was dehydrated and that my friend, has got me confuzzled (confused + puzzled). My skin was dehyrated within but on the outside, it is "bring over the frying pan woman!" - superbly oily yet there are some parts are flaky. Amazing isn't it? The sensitivity and complexity of our epidermis.
So, below is a collage of my current skin condition and IT AIN'T PRETTY. Whiteheads, blackheads, pimples, broken capillaries, dull skin (edited by brightening it a little as my room light was dim), pimple/acne scars, potholes and the list goes on. The cute emoticons below sums up what I feel about my skin.
|Here I am at my first tryout with this face mask.|
I was actually looking for a sleep-in mask or a night cream to help improve my skin condition and I had to actually read the instructions a few times before the fact that this was a wash-off mask sinked in. I was blur and tired at that moment alright, so cut me some slack. Lol.
- Price : RM107.00
- Availability : Silkapple
- Not limited edition.
- The scent is not pungent (I have sinus, I would tell you if its unbearable)
- The packaging is - one word - awesome. Air-tight snap lid, sturdy and overall it really feels and looks luxurious. Heck, it should as its RM107!
- Easy to apply.
- After washing it off, my skin does feel softer (like a baby's bottom!) and smoother (a little).
- I used it only once, so I cannot tell or claim whether it does what it claims. Will update here after a few more rounds.
- Food for thought : Please understand that the results varies from individuals. You will have to take into account your food and water intake, lifestyle (sleep late, don't exercise/exercise), stress levels and so much more. So don't expect it to do miracles to your skin if you do late nights and eat junk food.
- Does not come with a spatula.
- Bulky packaging. Not travel friendly for sure.
- Important information such as the ingredients are imprinted in a foreign language.
Will I repurchase it? Will update here soon.
Who will love it?
- Anyone who is looking for a hydrating mask.
- Anyone who loves to try out new skincare.
Who will hate it?