Sunday, 4 August 2013

Review : Bourjois 123 Perfect Liquid Foundation in Shade N52 Vanilla

Hello dear readers! 

Now that I have a little time on my hand... A little, okay?
Do expect reviews, swatches and random posts from time to time :) 



Let's not waste anymore time! 
On with the review ~ 

I have taken these picture about 3 - 4 months ago. (Super long, huh?)
OMGEEE.
Please ignore my skin and direct your focus on the AMAZE-BALLS foundation that I am about to introduce to you! 


BOURJOIS 123 Perfect Liquid Foundation in N23 Vanilla! 

I like it because : 
  • it matches my skin tone quite closely. the closest by far! 
  • dries to a matte finish. 
  • last fairly long even with our Malaysian weather. 
  • covers redness well.
  • evens out my skin tone.
  • applies easily with my Sigma F80 brush. 

I am on the fence with it because : 
  • the finish is way too matte, almost powder-like finish. Flat. 
  • has a tendency to emphasize on dry patches if skin is not exfoliated properly. 
  • does not apply easily with my fingers. 
  • does not apply well if second layer is applied. 
  • coverage is light-medium, not medium-full. (but there's nothing a lil' concealer can't fix)
  • not easily available in Malaysia.
  • quite pricey. 

Check out the pictures below : 


Face prepped with Elite Paris Fantastic Primer

Left side : No foundation, Right side : With foundation

Full-face with foundation applied.

Foundation set with ELF HD Powder in Corrective Yellow.

The ingredients. 

I'd recommend it to : 
  • Anyone with oily-combination skin with less/no imperfection. 
  • Anyone who loves a super matte finish. 
  • Anyone who wants a poreless and flawless finish. 
  • Anyone who does not want a heavy, full and unnatural coverage. 
Where to purchase? 
I got mine as a gift from my cousin in Singapore. (Thanks Hui Nie!) 
Apparently, its available there a selected Watsons stores or general stores such as BHG.

Verdict :
This foundation is my almost-lover but not quite there yet and yes, I am still on the quest on finding my PURRFECT foundation. Haha! 

That's all for today. 
Thanks for reading! 

Love,
Sarah :) 

HiShop

Shop for NYX, Jordana & more USA cosmetics here!