Rummage This Blog

Thursday 22 January 2015

Annoucement : Golden Rose has reached our shores! Part 2

EYE. SEE. YUHH. You are back for Part 2!

Haha, it a sign I am mentally exhausted but my fingers won't stop typing. Let's not waste anymore precious time, shall we? This is my favourite part of any makeup line. The eyes collection. Ooh, I am infamously known as the Mascara Monster because I eat mascaras. Figuratively. Most of my friends or family members can vouch for that because I have tons of used mascaras that I do not have the heart to throw away. Yes, I think can add Mascara Hoard to my list now. I loveeeee mascaras!

Eye Collection

Mascaras

Golden Rose has a healthy range of mascaras to pick from. If you think their range of lipglosses is crazy, think again when you see this list of mascaras they have!
  • Golden Rose Volume & Define Miracle Lash Ultra Black Mascara
  • Golden Rose Definitive Volume & Length Mascara 
  • Golden Rose Sexy Black Mascara
  • Golden Rose Instant Full Volume Cat Walk Mascara
  • Golden Rose Defined Lashes Maxim Eyes Mascara
  • Golden Rose Mega Volume & Length City Style Mascara
  • Golden Rose Infinity Lash Volume & Length Mascara
  • Golden Rose Wonder Lash Mascara 12x Volume & Lash Lift
  • Golden Rose 3D Fantastic Lash Mascara
  • Golden Rose Peferct Lashes Maxi Curl Mascara
  • Golden Rose Perfect Lashes Great Waterproof Mascara
  • Golden Rose Perfect Lashes Ultra Volume x4 Mascara
  • Golden Rose Perfect Lashes Deep Black Volume Mascara
  • Golden Rose Perfect Lashes Super Volume & Lengthening Mascara
  • Golden Rose Multivitamin Transparent Mascara
  • Golden Rose Blue Mascara
  • Golden Rose Volume Mascara
  • Golden Rose Volume Long Lash Mascara
  • Golden Rose Volume Waterproof Mascara
  • Golden Rose Volume Ultra Volume x4 Mascara
  • Golden Rose Long Lash Mascara
  • Golden Rose Waterproof Mascara
  • Golden Rose Ultra Volume x4 Mascara
Have I lost you yet? With this long list of mascaras, the mascara fiend in me is just bursting with joy! I haven't gotten the chance to try them out yet but when I do, I will surely let you know how they perform. 


Golden Rose Wonder Lash Mascara 12x Volume & Lash Lift's brush on the right.

As you can see from above, I was introduced to 6 mascaras that might be brought in this coming March/April 2015 which are  :
  • Golden Rose Peferct Lashes Maxi Curl Mascara
  • Golden Rose Perfect Lashes Great Waterproof Mascara
  • Golden Rose Perfect Lashes Ultra Volume x4 Mascara
  • Golden Rose Wonder Lash Mascara 12x Volume & Lash Lift
  • Golden Rose Definitive Volume & Length Mascara 
  • Golden Rose Sexy Black Mascara
  • Golden Rose 3D Fantastic Lash Mascara *as seen in their instagram account* 
Let's talk about Golden Rose Wonder Lash Mascara 12x Volume & Lash Lift. It comes in this reflective, gold tube that resembles like a mini gold brick/tube. Admittedly, the packaging does gives that luxurious vibe. Whereas the brush, it looks promising but I sincerely hope it's 12x Volume & Lash Lift claim lives up to its name. This may not be the best brush for beauties with small eyes or sparse or short eyelashes. Allow me to guide you to pick the best mascara brush for your eyelashes to achieve your desired look. 


Now, here I have taken close-up pictures of Golden Rose Definitive Volume & Length Mascara and Golden Rose Sexy Black Mascara. The Golden Rose Definitive Volume & Length Mascara comes in a reflective, bright metallic pink tube with a slight twist in the design. The wand is peanut-shaped which is good for long, dark eyelash owners. Not one of my favourite mascara wands but it's workable if you know the best technique to use it. If not, you would be struggling trying to add volume when you are in a rush. Not fun. 

Whereas for the Golden Rose Sexy Black Mascara, it comes in this sweet pink tube, with it's back clad in actual black lace. I kid you not. For mascara collectors, this is one mascara you should add to your collection. The packaging is down right prettyyyyyy. As for the wand, it's a sphere-shaped wand allowing you to coat each lash with precision starting from the lash line. The round brush curls and separates lashes perfectly, making the lashes look fuller and dense. 


Last but not least, the three musketeers! All of them comes in a black and gold tube and this range is called Perfect Lashes. Oh, how I'd love perfect lashes! If I were to personally pick the mascara for my personal use, it would be volume, volume, and volume. No volume, no buy. Simple as that. I must have volume when it comes to my eyelashes and had always envied my Indian friends who are blessed with thick, luscious lashes! Especially my boyfriend. I feel so jealous whenever I look at his eyelashes. It's ridonkulously long and thick! :p 

Eyebrow Pencil and Eyebrow Powder


Eyebrows! To be honest, it was only last year I begin to pick up the eyebrow pencil to use on my eyebrows. I always had this fear of looking like Crayon Shinchan.  

Yes, I'm not kidding. I follow tons of makeup gurus on instagram and their eyebrows are like beyond perfection. Which human on earth have natural eyebrows like that?!! It's super frustrating because the standards for 'perfect' makeup has been set so high that it seems impossible to achieve that 'perfect' look. Okay, back to the products. Here I have Golden Rose Dream Eyebrow Pencil and Golden Rose Eyebrow Powder. The Golden Rose Dream Eyebrow Pencil consists of 9 colours ranging from shade 301 to 309. As for the Golden Rose Eyebrow Powder, the shades consists of 7 shades ranging from 101 to 107. All I can say is the Eyebrow Powder is promising. 

Eyeliners


If you are an eyeliner Monster, you should be looking forward to Golden Rose's range of eyeliners. The swatches of the eyeliners are just.. WOW. Really. There are 9 types of eyeliner from Golden Rose, which are:

  • Golden Rose Cat Eyes Liner
  • Golden Rose Precision Eyeliner
  • Golden Rose Style Liner Metallic Eyeliner
  • Golden Rose Black & Black Eyeliner
  • Golden Rose Perfect Lashes Black Eyeliner 
  • Golden Rose Extreme Sparkle Eyeliner 
  • Golden Rose Dipliner Liquid Eyeliner 
  • Golden Rose Volume Eyeliner 
  • Golden Rose Black Eyeliner 

I can't wait to get my hands on GR Style Liner Metallic Eyeliner! Look at that gold! It's just gorgeous. I have never seen such shade of gold before. It looks soft and smooth. Super excited here!!

Eyeshadows

When it comes to eyeshadows in Golden Rose, some of them are a hit and miss. Here are the list of eyeshadows Golden Rose provides: 
  • Golden Rose Selective Colour Palette Eyeshadow (3 selections)
  • Golden Rose Professional Palette Eyeshadow (10 selections)
  • Golden Rose Wet & Dry Eyeshadow (7 selections)
  • Golden Rose Eyeshadow Palette (Only one)
  • Golden Rose Terracotta Eyeshadow (8 selections)
  • Golden Rose Silky Touch Matte Eyeshadow (14 selections)
  • Golden Rose Silky Touch Pearl Eyeshadow (34 selections)
Let's view the swatches! 
Golden Rose Wet & Dry Eyeshadow in 07
This GR Wet and Dry eyeshadow in shade 07 comes in a baked formula where you can use the eyeshadows wet or dry, hence the name of the palette! When applied dry, it seemed a little weak but it was still an acceptable pigmenation. But when I swatched it with my damp fingers, I was literally blown away by its finish and pigmentation. Look at that wine colour red with slight purple undertones! I am in love! I dare say this palette is a must-have if you are following the colour of the year. 

GR Selective Colour Palette Eyeshadow in 02
Remember I mentioned about a hit and miss earlier? Yep, unfortunately for this Sleek I-Divine palette look-alike, the matte eyeshadows were quite disappointing. The formulas reminds me of Sleek's previous I-Divine formulas where the mattes were quite chalky. But I do think the chalkiness can be overcomed by a good eye primer. I shall let the swatches do the talking. 

Left : Golden Rose Professional Palette in Smokey Eyes
Right : Golden Rose Silky Touch Matte Eyeshadow in 206
Another hit and miss for GR Professional Palette in Smokey Eyes. It looks so good in its packaging and pan but when swatches. Aiyyyeee. On the far right, it's the GR Silky Touch Matte Eyeshadow in 206. Surprisingly, this swatched pretty well. It wasn't patchy or chalky. The single eyeshadows seems promising! 

Well, that's about it for Part 2. See you in Part 3! 

Thank you for reading!
Love,
Sarah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment