Rummage This Blog

Friday 26 October 2012

Review : the Balm Frat Boy Shadow/Blush


Hi girls,

Finally got to post these pictures and the review for this blush.
Took the pictures about a month or two ago & haven't got around to review it yet.
Boo, Sarah, Boo.

Alrighty, o chaps!
Let's start, shall we? :) 


I purchased this blush from my local cosmetic store, SaSa during their 15% off sale.
Not much price difference but I was so into the brand, the Balm. The love story with the Balm began when I first got my hands on their palette, Shady Lady Vol 2.
It was LURVE (love) at first swatch.


Pigmentation :
Very pigmented.
I have to use my Ecotools Blush Brush specifically for this blush because the brush is so soft that it picks up just the right amount. No overkill here.

Formula :
Matte. Contains no shimmer which I LIKE. Excellent for oily/combination skin girls like ME :D

Longevity :
Air-conditioned surroundings - approximately 8 hours.
Sun & sweat surroundings - approximately 6 hours.
Average wear time - 8 hours tops.


It's packaging is made out of cardboard just like most of their products are too. I love the cheeky names that the Balm has labelled their products. Especially the line "So many men, so little time...", makes me go all  giggly in cheekiness!

It comes with a usable mirror intact just above the blush. Noticed the word I used here, usable. Nothing so innovative about it but it will come in handy when you wanna do some touch-ups. I personally prefer a bigger mirror so that I can see where and how much I am applying. (not so pro yet)


without flash under fluorescent lighting. 

with flash. (almost true to color)

Of all the Balm cheeks collection, this was the only powder blush I dare put on my face. Ha.
Nothing wrong with the other colors. It's just that this was the only shade that suited my skin tone without making me look like a clown =P

Their cheeks collection consists of :
the Balm Down Boy the Balm Cabana Boythe Balm Hot Mamathe Balm Stainiac

And they have a highlighter & bronzer too!
the Balm Mary-Lou Manizer AKA "The Luminizer" (Which I have and love it! #tobereviewedsoon)
the Balm Betty-Lou Manizer AKA "The Bronzing Bandit"

Conclusion : 
Overall rating - A+ 

So, what are you waiting for? It's hard to ignore the beautiful peachy pink blush which will give a healthy flush to the cheeks making it look so irresistibly cute!

*Just for references purposes, I am a NW25-30 :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment