Rummage This Blog

Wednesday 13 August 2014

Review : Scholl Velvet Smooth Express Pedi


Suffering from dry, sometimes painful, cracked heels? 
Ashamed to flaunt those new pair of gorgeous sandals?
Rough heels always snagging your favourite socks?

You can finally file all of those problems away for good! *pun intended*
Let's welcome Scholl's latest invention - 

SCHOLL VELVET SMOOTH EXPRESS PEDI

According to Mayo Clinic, corns and calluses are defnied as a thick, hardened layers of skin that develop when your skin tries to protect itself against friction and pressure. They most often develop on the feet and toes or hands and fingers. Corns and calluses can be unsightly.

I never had smooth feet to begin with as I developed corns and callus at a very early age. It is because I started going for martial arts practices ever since Standard 2 up till Form 5 alongside with track and field training and competitions. Ah, those were the days.

My heels began to dry up and crack quite badly was when I started uni and staying on campus. To pin point exactly why would be difficult as there are many factors that could cause the detoriation of my feet's skin. With all honesty, I am not a routine-kind-of-person and I find it hard to follow up on beauty rituals, etc. Makeup and skincare takes up a chunk of my time. So I can't afford the time to lather on tons of moisturizers every night on my whole body, what more feet. I'd probably fall asleep doing so. 

Plus, I find it an extreme hassle to apply feet cream at night as I don't see nor feel much results and it causes my floor to be slippery or oily because of the feet cream. I tried using those stone-look alike to scrub off the callus but it only left my skin sore and exposed. Now, I am usually skeptical when it comes to products claiming it does wonders, blah blah blah - regardless of whichever category. I hate being sucked into some gimmick which leaves me feeling that my mother's or my hard earned money has been wasted. Period.

Now, I had the privilege to join my sister +Arisa Chow for a day out with +Emily Quak together with three other girls. We were given each Scholl's Velvet Smooth Express Pedi to try out and share it with you guys! When I first tested out the product on the spot, I was stoked. I could literally see my dead skin cells turning into fine dust on the brick red, tiled patio. Using the bright blue cloth given to wipe away the remaining 'dust', it revealed.. Scroll down to see the BEFORE & AFTER picture ;)

Retails at RM129.90
Replaceable Micralumina head for quick and easy hard skin removal
I love the fact that it comes with a dedicated cover  to protect your items from being snagged by the roller!
Inside every Scholl's Velvet Smooth Express Pedi, there are a set of batteries included. Ready to use!
To start your express pedi, twist open the bottom to remove the plastic ring and a plastic orange insulator tab.
Turn it on and off by twisting the silver ring at the neck of the express pedi.
To replace the exhausted Micralumina head, just press the side of the express pedi to pop it out.
Another great thing about this express pedi is that it is easy to clean!
Refills retails at RM49.90
My feet literally feels "liberated" from the accumulated callus.
AMAZING, ISN'T IT??
Imagine the effect if you were to use it everyday!


Review


Of all the electronical gadgets I have used, it's not difficult to use Scholl's Velvet Smooth Express Pedi, I'd give them that. I'd never thought of using a gadget such as this to smoothen out my corns and callus. It's actually quite fun to use. The way it functions strongly reminds me of an epilator but this is for skin instead of hair. It is easy to use, easy to clean, easy to replace the roller, and easy to store. What more could you ask for?

It's battery operated, hence there's no worry about over-charging or debating in your head which to charge first, your Express Pedi or phone when you run out of ports. Being battery-operated, it is easy to bring around wherever you go a.k.a PORTABLE. May it be to your aunt's place, friend's place, or holidays. It screams "emergency kit" for conscious feet lovers out there. I am guessing it would be great for models, travel-bugs, high-profile business woman/man - technically, busy bees. There's no need to be ashamed about taking serious care about your heels. Yes, both men and women.

Scholl's Velvet Smooth Express Pedi could save you chunks of money and time, frantically trying to book an appointment or rescheduling the appointment. With the insane traffic and erratic work hours these days, it sometimes makes me wanna stay at home and not go out anywhere. Just saying. Think about it, you can be pampered in your own comfortable home. You could probably get your bf or hubby to pamper your feet with Express Pedi and in return, you could do it for him as well. Another perfect way to bond with one another! You can thank me later.

Note that you will have to clean and dry your feet before using the Express Pedi to achieve maximum or the desired results. It was also recommended to use daily. Yes, it is gentle to be used daily. Don't forget to massage feet cream or Vaseline to keep it moisturized and hydrated in order to prevent the cracks or callus from coming back fast. The roller is supposedly to last for about 12 times per feet, but that varies according to individuals. It is recommended to replace the roller once its blunt. I like how Scholl Malaysia took the initiative to list down some answers to the most asked questions here : FAQs

Before I wrap things up, I just want to share that Scholl Malaysia has a special offer just for you. Click here to find out more : Special Offer

Oh yea, Scholl Malaysia is quite active on social media of late. So why don't you drop by and say "Hi" to them? Even better, follow them to get the FIRST dibs on special offers, discounts, or contests!

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/SchollMalaysia
Instagram : http://instagram.com/schollmy

Thank you for reading!

Love,
Sarah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment